Event posts vs Calendar events

Home Forums Messengers Guild Business Event posts vs Calendar events

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marten Marten 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Korov’ev
    Korov’ev

Something I thought about while writing the AGM post:

With the old site each event had an associated post, as the way the Drupal calendar works, posts are calendar events (more or less).

With the new site, calendar events and event posts are two separate entities, so there can be one, the other, or both. Usually the text is the same, but not necessarily so. Posts update the RSS feed, while events update the Upcoming Events widget.

So, do you feel that each event should be accompanied by a post? Would it be possible to produce a second feed from the Upcoming Events widget, and if so, would that be a better option?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Korov’ev Korov’ev.
    Profile photo of Nev'yn
    Nev’yn

Well, I’ll be honest, I didn’t know there was a difference between the two. That being said, to be frank, I haven make up any kind of event posting since we switched to the new site.

I’m hoping to get “back into the habit”, sometime soon…Until then, I’ll let da’ the tech peeps figure out the way we should go from here.

Profile photo of Marten
    Marten
    Participant

On the topic of the event calendar, it appears I lack the ability to edit it. If I could get access then I could fix it myself. Or, someone else could correct my event… message me directly and I’ll provide details . 🙂 I’ve updated my email address on the site to be my Gmail account, in case that is needed.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Marten Marten.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Marten Marten.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar