Hello one and all! Doobes here, fresh out of the cavern and Kirel, and if you haven't been following the weeklong celebration that is ADBMM, you missed one of the signature events...an in-cavern question and answer session with Cyan Worlds, Inc. CEO and Myst co-creator Rand Miller! Just like our usual AGMs held in that particular hood, I bring a raw and cleansed chatlog for those who forgot/couldn't attend/were eaten by the lag.
Rand answered quite a few pre-submitted questions from explorers in the time he had. Some interesting points:
- realMYST for iOS in in its final stages of fine-tuning, polishing, and testing. Ports to other systems, such as Android, are questionable, but not completely ruled out if the first version is a success.
- A iPad version of Riven is also in the works, with a higher resolution and less compression then its previous iPhone/iPod Touch counterpart.
- No news on if Myst 3 or 4 will be released on Steam, GoG.com, etc.
- Cyan is not completely against a crowd-funded project, using the likes of such sites as Kickstarter, but would like to present something concrete and a bit developed before trying such a thing.
- Cosmic Osmo Hex Isle PC re-release is still being looked into.
- A few ideas for Ages that were planned for URU Live and MOUL (other then Kahlo) that didn't quite make it.
- Much more!
Many thanks to both Trekluver and Taniith for their masterful hosting and moderation of the proceedings!