Here’s a quick tutorial on how to moderate the new GoMe Forums.
- Click on the post you’d like to moderate.
- Here, there are several options just above the first post:
- Edit: in order to change something in the post.
- Close: Closes the topic.
- Stick (to front): Stickies the forum topic to the top of that particular forum.
- Merge: to combine the topic with another.
- Trash: to move the topic out of view (it will stay in the trash until permanently deleted or restored).
- Spam: to mark the topic as spam for a moderator.
- Reply: to reply to the message.
If you select edit, the options change a bit. Scroll down beyond the body of the post for a few options:
- Forum: this field allows you to switch the topic to another forum.
- Topic type:
- Normal: self-explanatory
- Sticky: sticks the topic at the top of its home forum.
- Super Sticky: sticks the topic at the top of ALL forums.
- Topic Status:
- Open: keeps the topic visible and people are able to post.
- Closed: keeps the topic visible but nobody can post.
- Spam: marks the topic as spam.
- Trash: moves the topic to the trash (this will not permanently delete the topic).
- Pending: the topic will only be visible to moderators and admins until set to “Open”.
Please note that the Guild of Messengers encourages free speech. We will rarely edit a user’s post except under extreme circumstances (personal attacks, racial or homophobic slurs, links to copyrighted material, etc.). Use your best judgment and this will not become an issue.