Shorah music devotees,
On Wednesday December 29 at 1800 KI time (8pm eastern US), the DMR will present its final broadcast concert for this year, entitled "So Long 2010". Favorite artists will be featured from all genres in our broadcasts since last June, including Zero Project, Enigma, Vangelis and several others.
Please join us in the DMR or listen at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-in-the-dmr.
All are welcome!
- F.E.A.R. 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops are being shepherded by other developers NOT those who created the franchises. We’ve had Myst III and IV… Is the original developer necessary to carry the torch of a franchise?
- The future of PC gaming according to Ken Levine
- Valve / Steam killing the PC gaming market
- iRiven submitted to Apple
- Open Source Kinect drivers released
- Spike Video Game Awards (VGAs), what games are you stoked about?
…and, a musical piece by Jeff Wise.
Guild of Writers’ member diafero recently announced the release of Offline Ki version 3.5. Highlights of this release include a large number of new commands, including updates to flymode.
The Offline Ki, according to diafero, brings the Ki and other changes existing in Until Uru and MOUL to a user’s standalone “Uru Complete Chronicles” (CC) or “The Path of the Shell” (TPOTS) games.
According to diafero:
It lets you create and play marker missions and use flymode to inspect ages. It features a lot of Ki commands useful while developing and debugging ages. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues. It allows you to reach fan ages and Cyan ages converted by Drizzle (from MOUL, Myst V or any of the other supported games): All of them are integrated into the existing environment.
This update includes, among other elements, enhancements to flymode which allow it to work on multiple objects at once, including other players, or to “warp the controlled object(s) to a specific location." There are enhancements to the Relto music player and there are Object struct commands, inspired by and based on old UserKi and AdminKi code. A complete list of highlights for this release can be found at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Changelog
Seems everybody is busy on Christmas Eve, so the Healers have decided to do a Christmas Eve Eve party. December 23, music starting around noon Pacific US, 3PM Eastern US, around 8PM European. We'll be in Second LIfe at the Healers' new digs. The music can be heard no matter what world you inhabit. You can even listen to English Christmas carols while raiding dungeons. If you come to Second LIfe you need do nothing as the music will be on the house channel. Elsewhere, use the usual:
Ktahdn quietly restarted the Up on the Roof! Party, though they are currently being held in his Secret Music Lab (above the Guild of Healers' Retreat) in Second Life.
The party starts at 5 PM SLT (6 PM KITime) on alternate Fridays (the Fridays when Donahoo is not having the Cocktail Party).
Come in to dance with us & enjoy the usual eclectic mix of music, fun, & occasional D'niJ silliness!
Please note that the Healers' Retreat has moved, so your old Landmarks won't work. This is the new LM: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Junebug/205/52/29
Or go directly to the Secret Music Lab: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Junebug/180/48/1003
Riven is now on the AppStore as Riven: The Sequel to Myst, it is compatible with all the Apple devices that use iOS.
On Saturday December 18 at 1800 Hrs KI time, the D'ni Musicological Research bevin will broadcast a concert of holiday music for the season, hosted by yours truly. It will include a variety of international, popular and classical, and not so well-known pieces.
Please join us in the DMR or listen at URL http://www.ustream.tv/channel/musica-in-the-dmr
For immediate release:
FILMING for the Great Tree Prologue Documentaries, Episode 8 (and possibly 9 as well) will commence at 3PM Cavern Time (3PM Mountain Standard Time) Saturday December 11 and on onward that day as possible. Watch for me to sign in - my KI is #26838. When I sign in, I will set the Great Tree Bevin to appear on the Nexus, and participants may gather there.
For those who have never participated in one of these filming sessions, here is what to expect and what I will be looking for:
- I will need one or two people to help with "crowd control" for filming in Ae'gura (letting people linking into the area know that filming is in progress, and preventing new people from disrupting continuity in film scenes.)
- I will be operating two avatars, one to give filming instructions and to interact with the crowd (sometimes acting out a part myself), and another avatar for filming. Parts that I may act include Brian Fioca and Phil Henderson.
- All instruction for scenes will be provided by text chat. This will typically take the form of instructions like "Actor A, I want you to hold your TAB key for 3 seconds. Actor B, when Actor A is done, I want you to hold your TAB key for 5 seconds. Actor C, when that is done, I want you to laugh (/lol)."
- If you aren't familiar with it, the TAB key is normally used for voice chat so be aware that when you hold this key down you may be broadcasting your microphone input to the cavern. However, the Prologue videos do not use voice so what you broadcast will not be part of the video. Read more
The Guild of Messengers will have a public meeting this saturday, December 11th at 12.00KITime in the Messengers' Pub.
The Pub is accessible from the Nexus if you have taken the Yellow t-shirt from Kirel
The agenda for the meeting follows:
- Election of new Guild Masters
- Go! Magazine Issue 2
- Any other business
Yesterday there has been the monthly All Guilds Meeting in Kirel.
Unfortunately the majority of the usual attendees seemed to be busy buying Christmas presents so this has been the shortest Meeting we have seen in 6 months (wow already 6 months since the first meeting!). It lasted only half an hour, we apologize to all of you who came and found Kirel already empty!
The chat log is here.
And this is the summary:
1_Guild of Messengers: The Guild is very happy for the success of their Go! Magazine. The article on their website has been read more than 500 times and on the day after release they had a sudden increase in the website traffic, by the end of the day they had a traffic of more than 1GB, that is more than two times the normal traffic on the website.
Rel.to development is still waiting to start because Leonardo is working on other projects.
2_The Great Tree Documentaries: Marten announced that the filming sessions will be announced this week.
I hope next time we'll have much more people coming with a lot of news for the community!