Just a few weeks after the Guild of Writers released their own update to Gehn Shard, The Open Cave has followed suit and released version 2.16 of their MOUL shard! Various fixes and additions include:
- New Guild of Messengers Pub by Doobes
- Walkable exteriors in Pod Ages
- Repeat recent chat lines with up/down keys
- KI text shadows and proper chat fading
- Coop-Anim demo /attack is now /threaten
- /startdance is now /dance
- A lot of further bug fixes and improvements
Some known glitches to fix:
- /swim, /crawl, /aeroplane are broken. I intend to fix them in the future.
- You can fall through the water in Negilahn, so be careful.
Also, a couple of notes from the TOC team:
Due to real life issues, we could not implement MysBibi's reward for winning the picture contest yet. We will deliver it as soon as possible, though.
Also, please note that this is the first update after April 8. That means (as we announced in January) support for Windows XP has been dropped.
To get the new update, simply run your TOC MOUL client as normal and let it download. If you'd like to try either of their shards, MOUL or PotS versions, visit their site and click on "How to Play" under the appropriate menu.
We’re so excited about this year’s Mysterium, and we can’t wait to see you all in Spokane. Shorah b’shemtee!
We're into summer now, but that's not slowing down activity in the cavern and beyond! This month's All Guilds Meeting had its share of news, which we've recorded in our usual raw and cleansed chatlogs...as well as the accompanying summary!
Here's the latest:
Jamie Marchant started things off with news of the next Heritage Night. HN VI will take place on Saturday, June 28th at 13:00 KI Time in the Heritage Night's hood. The topic of discussion will be memorable threads/discussions from the MOUL forums from the Gametap and current eras. He will also discuss an upcoming production of a live play in-game detailing various events from Gametap's MOUL (circa 2007) and will be looking for various actors to fill roles in a script he is writing. Read more
- Add chat history browsing.
- Add text shadows to the KI.
- Buff the floors in Vothol Gallery.
- Fix chat fade bug.
- Fix crash related to other players uploading things to imagers.
- Fix floating kickables/slave cave problems.
- Fix missing Relto books.
- Fix moar memory leaks.
- Fix player deletion nuking client sessions.
- Fix potential server crash when receiving bad data from clients.
- Fix problem with sending KI mail containing naughty words to imagers.
- Update the Nexus software to present a book to a new Guild of Messenger's Pub.
- Splat transforms.
For those that already have the shard installed, simply run the game as normal and let it download and update.
If you haven't installed Gehn and would like to do so, you can find out how at this link.
To visit the new Guild of Messengers' Pub, simply grab a GoMe shirt in Kirel. There will be a link in your Nexus. Note that this method works because the new Pub replaces the old one.
Congratulations to the Guild for another fantastic release!
They plan to start at 21:00 KI Time tonight (June 6th). Joining them will be Doobes, whose restored Messengers' Pub will be a part of this update.
For more information, visit the GoW's event page on Google+.