Editor's Note: We have replaced the raw chatlog with a more complete version courtesy of Tai'lahr.
Guild of Writers
Hoikas starting things off by mentioning the latest version of Korman (0.03) has been released. He promised that version 0.04 would not be far behind. He also hinted at a "Rapid Korman Kontest", similar to the Rapid Age Development contests from years ago, in the near future.
All Guilds Network
Korov'ev made an announcement for Zeke365 about the All Guilds Network. Its intended function would be to add another layer of intercommunication between explorers and the existing Guilds. More on this as it develops!
Not too long after version 23, Gehn 24 has been released by the Guild of Writers! Some tasty fixes and additions in this version include:
- Fix an issue with KI Chat fading inappropriately.
- Optimize game launch.
- Update the Messenger's Pub.
- Apply Feng Shui Shaders.
As always, to get the update, simply log into Gehn Shard normally and let it download.
Keep looking back here for more Guild of Writers and Gehn Shard news!
On this day in 2010, at 12:30 KI time, Myst Online: Uru Live was opened to explorers once again, and soon became the longest-running incarnation.
Interestingly enough, many important events in Uru history happened in February:
- 4th, 2008: Announcement of the closing of MO:UL
- 4th, 2010: Victor Laxman’s post Activity in the Cavern?
- 5th, 2007: Closing of Untìl Uru
- 9th, 2004: Closing of Prologue
- 15th, 2006: Opening of D’mala
- 15th, 2007: Opening of MO:UL
Just a short announcement to remind everyone that r’Tayrtahn (known to some by Rehnehmtahn Later in SL) will once again hold the Story Nights in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday at 23:00 KI time.
These stories are known to be far ranging, from the biographies of the D’ni kings, the Myst novel series, plus tales from the various games. These stories will be told using voice chat provided by the KI-device.
Head on down to the cavern and listen in, if you can get the time!
The latest version of the next-generation Age building plugin, dubbed Korman, has been released to the public. There have been many additions to this Blender plugin, and it is catching up fast with PyPRP as far as options.
Some key changes include:
- Added a half-baked Plasma Light panel
- Added Link To Age Node
- Added option to export kAlphaTestHigh for draw order phailures
- Added Soft Volumes
- Added Visibility Regions and Effect Visibility Sets
- Fixed a bug in which meshes would be exported as lamps
- Fixed an infinite recursion bug with parented objects
- Fixed a Python traceback in the Water wind settings
- Improved alpha texture "ADD" blend mode
Installation is relatively easy. Note that to use the plugin, it is assumed you have at least a basic knowledge of Blender and its workings. There are also a few handy tutorials you can use to start building your own Age. Note that the newest options have not been documented yet, but that will change soon.
A big congratulations to the many programmers who have contributed! Keep checking back for further news on Korman and all things Age development related!