The list of changes in this version include:
- Enable KI Light
- Fix Ahnoying Quabs
- Fix avatar headshots
- Fix crash-causing race condition in clone loading
- Fix crash in /look command
- Fix incorrect instance-naming
- Fix invites going out to everybody on the shard
- Fix notifications for KI mails not sent to you
- Fix PRP updates not being added to the resource manager
- Fix server race condition that could hose login attempts
- Fix some unresponsive footstep regions
- Fix Teledahn camera issues
- Fix widescreen FOV distortion
- Fix Zandi welcoming himself to CleftCom
- Mop crazy glue off floors and stairs
- Realign alternate time frames
Be sure to log in and download the latest upgrades. Don't forget to visit the GoW forums to report any other bugs you may encounter as well!
The D'ni Musicological Research group is celebrating three wonderful years of Myst Online: URU Live Again by hosting two concerts. The first is on Friday, February 8th at 18:00 KI time. The party will be hosted by Christine, Mouski, Planetary and Musica2 and will feature music from the Myst and URU games.
The party will take place in the DMR's hood, with Annabelle providing creative effects for the show. You can listen to the concert yourself by linking to their stream.
The second concert will be held the next night, the 9th. Details will be posted here when they are finalized.
Join the DMR and celebrate many more years of MOULa!
Members of the Guild of Writers have been hard at work on bug fixes for their shard, Gehn, and they have released a new build of their client! Here's a list of changes in this version:
- Add CWalther's Tre'bivdil stained glass design
- Add /party KI command
- Don't garble network messages
- Fix BlueSpiral without breaking it again
- Fix /clearchat
- Fix crash on exit
- Fix crash when sending a PM to an avatar in another age
- Fix imagers not being removed from the KI list
- Fix infinite loop
- Fix log race condition crash
- Fix many potential crashes related to invalid keys
- Fix physical controller debug crash
- Fix potential crash on opening a journal
- Fix Tre'bivdil collisions
- Fix unthemed windows
- Fix voice chat icon
- Further optimize the launch process
- Generate mipmaps for DynamicTextMaps (text on imagers looks better)
- Massive reorganization of string and filename handling
- Plug memory leaks
- Remove window sizing border
- Render DynamicCamMaps at the full client size (certain reflective surfaces look better)
- Blit powers of two
It's Groundhog Day in the US, and as we all wait for a (hopefully) early spring, we repeated our usual tradition of the All Guilds Meeting! Many groups were there this month, both new and veteran faces coming in to update everyone. We have our usual raw and cleansed chatlogs for your consumption.
Here's what happened:
Christopher and Mystler announced the public release of an URU test shard dubbed "Destiny" after the spaceship in the television show Stargate Universe (which Mystler had been watching at the time). This shard will primarily be for testing purposes, including new fan Ages for multiplayer functions. More information can be found on their forum.
Next to present was Alien. She announced that she will be broadcasting audio plays of both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings that were first broadcast by the BBC about 30 years ago. The broadcasts would be one hour each week for 15 weeks. Alien plans to start them around the time Heritage Night ends its current cycle in about 6 weeks, so look back here for further details!
Starting on Monday, March 4, 2013 and running through Wednesday, April 10, there will be two classes per week: Mondays at 9:00 KI time and Wednesdays at 23:00 KI time. shokhootahn Rehn will be teaching the Monday morning class and shokhootahn shen will be teaching the Wednesday evening class. Classes will be held in-cavern at the Guild of Instructors' Hood.
Each class wil start in the hood's classroom, but may not necessarily end there. The first class will last about 90 minutes. The remainder of the classes will last from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the amount of Q & A during the lesson. For those of you who have taken the 101 class and are interested in continuing your studies, the 201 class will begin in mid-March. The actual dates have yet to be determined. This is a 6-week course, in which you will learn to count in D'ni and read D'ni texts.
There will be a website for explorers to reference for class materials during the class. Hopefully, the interest level from the community will be such that we can add more classes. There are currently six instructors in the Guild: shokhootahn Rehn, shokhootahn shen, shokhootahn Svig, shokhootahn Ben, shokhootahn Misha, and shokhootahn Molly. The latter two are not currently available to teach due to RL concerns.
We hope to see you there! Take care and have a blessed day! .shorah gah bigtotee (Peace and blessings.)