For immediate release:
FILMING for the Great Tree Prologue Documentaries, Episode 8 (and possibly 9 as well) will commence at 3PM Cavern Time (3PM Mountain Standard Time) Saturday December 11 and on onward that day as possible. Watch for me to sign in - my KI is #26838. When I sign in, I will set the Great Tree Bevin to appear on the Nexus, and participants may gather there.
For those who have never participated in one of these filming sessions, here is what to expect and what I will be looking for:
- I will need one or two people to help with "crowd control" for filming in Ae'gura (letting people linking into the area know that filming is in progress, and preventing new people from disrupting continuity in film scenes.)
- I will be operating two avatars, one to give filming instructions and to interact with the crowd (sometimes acting out a part myself), and another avatar for filming. Parts that I may act include Brian Fioca and Phil Henderson.
- All instruction for scenes will be provided by text chat. This will typically take the form of instructions like "Actor A, I want you to hold your TAB key for 3 seconds. Actor B, when Actor A is done, I want you to hold your TAB key for 5 seconds. Actor C, when that is done, I want you to laugh (/lol)."
- If you aren't familiar with it, the TAB key is normally used for voice chat so be aware that when you hold this key down you may be broadcasting your microphone input to the cavern. However, the Prologue videos do not use voice so what you broadcast will not be part of the video. Read more
Jahmen created an extensive series of Journal Quest story games that play IC in Quest's Bevin starting with an image post message. (Note: The unforseen flaw to the Posted Imager Message is that it is often missing from others posting images and pushing them off, so we keep re-posting them as often as possible!) The Series was created for explorers who had exhausted all the known MOUL, again game content. It was hoped for that Jahmen's Quest Series success might develop others interests in the Quest Game format to form a Guild of Quests group of creators as the means to create a steady flow of new and interesting content. The Quest Series is designed for multiple players in teams, groups or neighborhoods to play, as evidenced by many individual explorers having given up on "Vault Secrets" severity of difficulty in aquiring the marker clues.
The Quest Series was intended for explorers to recruit or enlist others to help them with the Game Series. The intrugue of the story line was to support the interests to solving the difficult Clue Quests having a wide range of variation to the puzzles and in order to acquire the next Journal Quest story piece in the series. The Story Quests are made up of 112 small sentence text markers that read out in single line order. It has been going on for 2 weeks now by word of mouth. This will be the last week that it will be hosted before it stops. The Game "codes" have been changing to Identify players and to enforce the Quest Series rules. Read more
Another AGM has passed and we are back here writing the summary
The ChatLog of the event can be found here.
Summary Read more
"Heritage Night" is an opportunity for explorers who did not get to participate in the events of Gametap's MOUL to live out those events by proxy through the words and stories of explorers who were there. Each Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm KI Time in Carl Palmner's Bevin (with some "field trips" to other areas), a portion of the Gametap-MOUL story will be told by the host, beginning with the return of explorers to the cavern after the hiatus that followed Prologue, detailing the important events of the Restoration, the Bahro Civil War, and the actions of central figures like Douglas Sharper and Dr. Watson that culminated in Yeesha's rescue of the explorers and their subsequent exodus from the cavern. The event will also include a complementary Marker game related to the events of the day's story chapter.
While this event is meant primarily for explorers who were unable to participate in the "MOUL" story, all exporers are welcome and after the "storytelling" segment of the event there will be a general discussion in which "Gametap veterans" will have the chance to share their own anecdotes with newer folks. The event is managed by Carl Palmner (KI# 237576), who will also serve as host for at least the first two nights (with the possibility of others acting as host at later dates).
Once again it is time to organize the All Guilds Meeting for this month!
The most active moment in the Fair is the All Guilds Meeting, when we gather in the Auditorium in Kirel to let the representants of the various groups talk about their group and take questions.
This time the organization for the Meeting will be a bit more difficult due to the changes in the timezones in the world, so pay attention to the hours specified here if you want to attend the meeting!
This is the logic you have to use to correctly find when is the meeting, having the past meetings as a reference:
- for everyone in America and in places where they are still using Daylight Saving Time, the time of the meeting won't change
- The time will change only for those living in Europe and other places where they already switched to standard time settings (i.e.: no longer in Daylight Saving Time) and it will be one hour earlier than usual.
Where: Kirel (link from the Nexus)
Date: November Saturday 6th
KITime: 12.00 (noon)
US Pacific Time: 12.00 (noon)
US MountainTime: 13.00