Mysterium is almost upon us, and you know that that means...
"Person on a chair!!"
...well, yes... but that's not what I was talking about, silly peanut gallery. It is time to gather up Paper People!
For all you poor, deprived souls who won't be able to join us in person this year, please send us a picture of yourself, your Uru avvie, or some other reasonable 2 dimensional facimilie to email@example.com so you can be with us in dead-tree spirit.
Another Mysterium-related deadline is fast approaching!
The Falling Man Group has posted an announcement reminding everyone that Monday, July 2nd is the last day to book hotel rooms at the reduced group price. After that, you will only be able to book rooms at regular rates.
The information for the hotel where this year's Mysterium will be held is as follows:
Best Western Plus River’s Edge
15901 W Valley Highway, Tukwila, WA 98188-5530
Phone: (425) 226-1812
Fax: (425) 255-7856
Toll Free Reservations: (800) 544-9863
If you have booked a hotel room already, then FMG has asked that you fill out this form.
Shorah, fellow cavern-folk!
Just wanted to post a quick reminder that the final submission due date for the Mysterium 2012 Convention Book is today, Sat. June 23rd! Here's a quote from the FMG outlining just a few ideas of what they're looking for:
Do you have a great Myst fanfic or personal Uru exploration journal you want to share? Or perhaps painting or crafting is more your style. Whatever the medium, we want to feature your creations in this year’s Mysterium Convention Book!
So, if you haven't you contributed your own "personal touch" to this year's Mysterium, here's your last chance!
Please do so today, before the opportunity passes by for another year!!!
(Nevyn's Note: Full details on Mysterium Convention Book submission guidelines is available at the link below.)
Shorah, fellow dwellers of the cavern!
Recently, taniith of the Falling Man Group as begun soliciting input on the future of Mysterium. Although this year's to be held August 3rd - 5th in Seattle is fast approaching, what to do for future Mysteriums (Mysteria?) is still in question. A special section of the Mysterium website has now been dedicated to soliciting input from the larger Myst/Uru community on how to handle Mysteriums in the future.
Here is just a sampling of the info being requested:
- Where and how often should future Mysteriums be held?
- How large/small should Mysterium events be in size?
- Who is interested in being involved in the planning and running of future Mysteriums?
- What style and structure should the planning teams of such future Mysteriums contain?
Although there is perhaps no perfect or "magical" answer to these questions, input from explorers is a vital part of the process at making this great event an even better experience for everyone. So, when you get a chance, please drop by the Mysterium site and let your voice heard!
Here's to the future of Mysterium...Seattle, Spokane, and beyond!!!
Mysterium 2012 is geting closer and yesterday the Falling Man Group has announced that registration is now open!
There are all kinds of registration types: going from $40 for the complete registration with t-shirt to $5-10 for single day registrations.
But registration is not the only thing that's been opened: all the contests and proposals are open and waiting for your contribution!
- Logo contest: as usual, there is a contest for the official picture of Mysterium 2012
- Presentations Submission: you can submit presentations, to display your work or discuss of something with the Mysterium attendees
- Con-book Material: this year we will see the return of the con-book, you can submit material for it (articles, stories, pictures, etc)
- Create An Activity Contest: do you want to suggest an annual activity for Mysterium (such as the "What Would Atrus Do?")? This is your chance to become part of the history of the Myst community!