Some good news for programmers out there... the Guild of Writers/H'uru has once again begun to post new builds of the CyanWorlds.com Engine (CWE) for all to use! The public releases had to be stopped awhile back due to licensing issues, but the problem was recently solved and work has resumed!
For those not technically inclined, CWE is the game engine that runs Myst Online: URU Live Again and was released as open source over two years ago. Many of the fixes Cyan Worlds, Inc. has incorporated since have been derived from various programmers' work with the engine. In addition to the client, you can also download the Max 2012 Plugin for Age creation, based on the plugin Cyan used to create Uru's Ages.
The old builds had to be removed due to the aforementioned licensing problems, so a new thread has been started for all future build releases. For any questions, read Hoikas' original post and ask your questions there.
A big thank you to all those programmers out there who continue to improve and expand MO:ULa for us all!
The list of changes in this version include:
- Enable KI Light
- Fix Ahnoying Quabs
- Fix avatar headshots
- Fix crash-causing race condition in clone loading
- Fix crash in /look command
- Fix incorrect instance-naming
- Fix invites going out to everybody on the shard
- Fix notifications for KI mails not sent to you
- Fix PRP updates not being added to the resource manager
- Fix server race condition that could hose login attempts
- Fix some unresponsive footstep regions
- Fix Teledahn camera issues
- Fix widescreen FOV distortion
- Fix Zandi welcoming himself to CleftCom
- Mop crazy glue off floors and stairs
- Realign alternate time frames
Be sure to log in and download the latest upgrades. Don't forget to visit the GoW forums to report any other bugs you may encounter as well!
Members of the Guild of Writers have been hard at work on bug fixes for their shard, Gehn, and they have released a new build of their client! Here's a list of changes in this version:
- Add CWalther's Tre'bivdil stained glass design
- Add /party KI command
- Don't garble network messages
- Fix BlueSpiral without breaking it again
- Fix /clearchat
- Fix crash on exit
- Fix crash when sending a PM to an avatar in another age
- Fix imagers not being removed from the KI list
- Fix infinite loop
- Fix log race condition crash
- Fix many potential crashes related to invalid keys
- Fix physical controller debug crash
- Fix potential crash on opening a journal
- Fix Tre'bivdil collisions
- Fix unthemed windows
- Fix voice chat icon
- Further optimize the launch process
- Generate mipmaps for DynamicTextMaps (text on imagers looks better)
- Massive reorganization of string and filename handling
- Plug memory leaks
- Remove window sizing border
- Render DynamicCamMaps at the full client size (certain reflective surfaces look better)
- Blit powers of two
It's Groundhog Day in the US, and as we all wait for a (hopefully) early spring, we repeated our usual tradition of the All Guilds Meeting! Many groups were there this month, both new and veteran faces coming in to update everyone. We have our usual raw and cleansed chatlogs for your consumption.
Here's what happened:
Christopher and Mystler announced the public release of an URU test shard dubbed "Destiny" after the spaceship in the television show Stargate Universe (which Mystler had been watching at the time). This shard will primarily be for testing purposes, including new fan Ages for multiplayer functions. More information can be found on their forum.
Next to present was Alien. She announced that she will be broadcasting audio plays of both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings that were first broadcast by the BBC about 30 years ago. The broadcasts would be one hour each week for 15 weeks. Alien plans to start them around the time Heritage Night ends its current cycle in about 6 weeks, so look back here for further details!
Can you believe it's been that long already?
About a year ago, the Guild of Writers/H'uru launched their own shard, named Gehn, to great fanfare. Now they are celebrating a full year of the shard's existence with a party on Saturday, Feburary 9th, 2012!
In order to join the festivites, you will need to set up the client. The installer for the shard can be found in this thread at the GoW's forums. All you will need to sign in is a GoW forum account. Members of the Guild of Writers and Guild of Messengers will be on hand after February's All Guilds Meeting (Feb. 2nd) to provide extra help for those having trouble getting into the shard.
Everyone is welcome to attend, so hope to see you there!