For immediate release:
FILMING for the Great Tree Prologue Documentaries, Episode 8 (and possibly 9 as well) will commence at 3PM Cavern Time (3PM Mountain Standard Time) Saturday December 11 and on onward that day as possible. Watch for me to sign in - my KI is #26838. When I sign in, I will set the Great Tree Bevin to appear on the Nexus, and participants may gather there.
For those who have never participated in one of these filming sessions, here is what to expect and what I will be looking for:
- I will need one or two people to help with "crowd control" for filming in Ae'gura (letting people linking into the area know that filming is in progress, and preventing new people from disrupting continuity in film scenes.)
- I will be operating two avatars, one to give filming instructions and to interact with the crowd (sometimes acting out a part myself), and another avatar for filming. Parts that I may act include Brian Fioca and Phil Henderson.
- All instruction for scenes will be provided by text chat. This will typically take the form of instructions like "Actor A, I want you to hold your TAB key for 3 seconds. Actor B, when Actor A is done, I want you to hold your TAB key for 5 seconds. Actor C, when that is done, I want you to laugh (/lol)."
- If you aren't familiar with it, the TAB key is normally used for voice chat so be aware that when you hold this key down you may be broadcasting your microphone input to the cavern. However, the Prologue videos do not use voice so what you broadcast will not be part of the video.
- In scenes where an avatar will be "shopped" (masked) into the video later, I will ask people not to stand in a designated area where the avatar will be digitally added.
- Episode 8 Neighborhood scene with Douglas Sharper and a crowd. There are 7 or so "speaking" parts which will be delegated to original participants first if they are available, and other participants second. One female participant in this scene, representing Katherian, will need to be available for another scene as noted below. Douglas will be digitally added later.
- Episode 8 Neighborhood scene with Dr. Watson and a crowd. Again there are 7 or so speaking parts, different from those in the previous scene (so I will need 7 different people, or I will ask for people to change wardrobes). One male participant in this scene, representing Solaris, will need to be available for another scene as noted below. Dr. Watson will be digitally added later.
- Episode 8 Ae'gura Scene with Douglas Sharper and a mob. Aside from Douglas, there are only two speaking parts (Deg and Katherian). I'm hoping to have Deg represent himself here. Katherian should be represented by the same person as in the earlier scene. This scene will require the most co-ordination as people will need to form a tight-knit crowd outside the hallway to the Kahlo Pub, and I'll need some people to jump up and down, so that it looks from behind as if the crowd is being prevented from entering the hallway and some are straining to get a better view. The scene ends with a mad rush of people into the hallway. Douglas will be digitally added later.
- Episode 9 Neighborhood Scene with Phil Henderson, Tink, and two other female actors, #1. This scene occurs around the fountain area. It is short and has no speaking parts except for Phil and Tink. In the video, this scene will be presented in black and white. If Tink is not available for filming then her avatar will be digitally added later.
- Episode 9 Neighborhood Scene with the same participants as above, #2. This scene occurs next to the Heek table. It has a single speaking line for the person representing Moranda. In the video, this scene will be presented in black and white. If Tink is not available for filming then her avatar will be digitally added later.
- Episode 9 Neighborhood Scene with Douglas Sharper, Brian Fioca, Solaris, and Kami. The same actor who represented Solaris in an earlier scene should reprise the role here. Douglas will be digitally added later.
- Episode 9 Ae'gura Scene with Brian Fioca and Dee. The only speaking part aside from Brian's in this scene is Dee's, but a small and interested crowd will be needed to gather around the Takotah Courtyard.